Archbishop Dr. Felix Machado, born in Vasai on 6th June 1948, completed schooling in Vasai.
- In 1971 he worked for refugees from Bangladesh. He then worked for the upliftment of tribals in Talasari in 1972.
- He has obtained special Diploma in Marathi Pradnya, Marathi Sahitya Parishad, Pune, (1968). He acquired the Licentiate in Indian and Western Philosophy: St. Pius X college, Goregaon, Mumbai (1973), Christian Theology: Catholic Faculty of Theology, Lyon, France (1976); Diploma Third World Theology: Maryknoll School of Theology, New York, USA (1979); Master of Arts in Christian Theology: Maryknoll School of Theology, New York, USA, (1980): Doctor of Philosophy, Fordham University, New York, USA 1984.
- He was a professor at Hofstra University, Hempstead, Long Island, USA, (1980-84); St. Pius X College, Goregaon, Mumbai, (1985-1993); and K.J. Somaiya Bhartiya Sanskriti Peetham, Mumbai (1991). His doctoral dissertation on Gynaneshvari is preserved at the University Microfilms International, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. Contributed numerous Articles in various Indian and Foreign Journals of Philosophy and Theology in various languages such as Marathi, English, French and Italian . He was also the editor of ‘Pro Dialogue’ a Vatican Publication. Archbishop Dr. Felix Machado is a polyglot. He knows eleven foreign languages with Marathi being his mother tongue.
- He was an undersecretary at the pontifical council for ‘Interreligious Dialog’ at the Vatican City. In that capacity he has personally accompanied H.H. Dalai Lama to St. John Paul II and Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI.
- Archbishop Dr. Machado has participated in International seminars and conferences in different countries of the world and delivered key-note addresses, major talks, conferences, etc. The path to liberation and ‘journeying together’ are two of his books in English. It’s also published in Italian and French by Vatican Press. And other publication ‘Magayanche Maherghar’ is published in Marathi.
- He was appointed as the Arch Bishop- Bishop of Nasik on 8thMarch 2008 by the Vatican.
- On 19thDecember 2009 was appointed by the Vatican as the Arch Bishop- Bishop of Vasai
- He is the Chairperson for Ecumenism and Inter-Religious dialogue of Western Region Council (WRC), Catholic Bishops’ Conference of India (CBCI), the Conference of Catholic Bishops’ in India (CCBI) and Federation of Asian Bishop’s conferences (FABC).
He has been elected as the president of western region bishops’ council on 12thDecember 2014.
It gives me immense pleasure to welcome you all to Saint Gonsalo Garcia College of Arts and Commerce, Vasai.
The college was started way back in 1984 by ‘Our Lady of Grace Trust’ with just one batch of FYBA and FYBCOM. This institution of higher learning was established with the purpose of providing opportunities of higher education to all irrespective of gender, region, religion, caste etc.
The college is affiliated to the University of Mumbai and runs various undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Over the years the college has grown both in quantitative and quantitative manners and caters to the educational requirements of 3900 + students today.
We have tried to continuously upgrade the learning environment offered for our students and sincerely achieve new milestones in the fields of teaching, learning and research. The motto of the college is “Let Thy Light Shine”. With our staff, both teaching and non-teaching we strive for the true enlightenment of every learner studying on our campus. We wish all the very best for your academic journey in St. Gonsalo Garcia College.
Best Wishes !!!!